As regular readers of Right Royal Mother will know, Friday 16 September sees me hoofing it up to London – right next door to the Duchess of Cambridge’s Kensington abode, no less, for the UK’s biggest parenting blog awards – the Mad Blog Awards – as a FINALIST for Best New Blog. Regular readers will also know I returned to work last week… but may not know that as my day job, I work at a secondary Academy.
Imagine the snort of disbelief, then, to find – on the Kensington Palace twitter feed – the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be visiting Stewards (secondary) Academy on Friday 16 September. That at the very same time I am speeding towards the Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington to enjoy a night of royal rollicking in the guise of Right Royal Mother, Kate is stepping into my shoes and going to work at a school just like mine. Talk about a life swap of a lifetime(!)
Yet it’s not the first time spooky goings-on have happened since I started blogging. With sometimes spine-tingling accuracy, my stories seem to have often overlapped with what has happened to Kate in reality. In no particular order, here are just a few examples (there are more but WordPress bullets are driving me insane and I have had to stop at five before I throw my laptop across the room):
- 23.04.16 – It’s Miss Marathon, Not Your Grace. In which Kate decides to appear at the London marathon and show a bit more ‘personality’.
- 30.03.16 – 8 Riveting Reasons for the Ladness of Prince George. In which I give reasons for Prince George’s pre-threenager tantrums.
- THREE MONTHS LATER!! 08.07.16 – Prince George has a tantrum at an air show
- 15.07.16 – Prince George’s Third Birthday Poem. In which Prince George throws food around the kitchen.
- FIVE WEEKS LATER!! 24.08.16 – Prince George loves to make a mess in the kitchen
- 12.08.16 – Brooching the Subject of a Mother Canada Goose Tour. In which Kate and William are indecisive about taking the children but eventually decide to do so.
- TEN DAYS LATER!! 22.08.16 Inside the Royal family’s fun-filled Canada itinerary
- 31.08.16 Scilly Billy’s MAD Log Awards the Duchess Stranger Things. In which Kate and William make it to the Isles of Scilly despite heavy fog
- TWO DAYS LATER!! 02.09.16 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge make it to Isles of Scilly despite heavy fog
So there we have it. It’s not exhaustive, this list, as I say but I have work in the morning. And on Friday, I’ll be travelling to the MAD Blog Awards (did I mention that?)… whilst the DoC travels to a secondary Academy JUST like mine.
Now, who’s going to win Best New Blog? That’s where my predictions end, I’m afraid – there is such a stonkingly amazing gang of bloggers up for the award, I feel like royalty just being part :). What is for sure, though, is that it’s going to be a RIGHT. ROYAL. ROLLICKING. NIGHT. Good luck everyone!!